- Overview: Homeopathy is Safe & Effective
- Sceptical? Trust your experience
- Heal Yourself with Homeopathy
- A Single Remedy Cures without Side Effects
Overview: Homeopathy is Safe & Effective
Homeopathy is a method of healing that has been practiced worldwide for over 200 years. It has been successfully used for almost the entire range of physical, emotional and mental problems, both acute and chronic, that afflict people and animals of all conditions and ages. A few of the many conditions where it has been used include allergies, asthma, skin problems, coughs, colds, flu, poison oak, psychological problems, injuries, digestive problems, constipation, cramps, diarrhea, infections, earaches, headaches, arthritis, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, autism, all manner of chronic and acute pain, burns, etc. It is a consistent system of medicine that can be applied to any health condition, not an ad hoc therapy that varies from condition to condition. Of course individual results vary depending on the client’s state of health and the homeopath’s skill. Like conventional medicine, it is an art as well as a science.
Homeopathy relies on the law of nature called the Law of Similars which means that what will cause symptoms in a healthy person will heal similar symptoms in a sick person. The extremely low doses and lack of toxicity make it very safe and without side effects.
It works by provoking a rebound healing response in an individual?s immune system. Homeopathic remedies are made from a wide variety of substances, which makes it possible to match most people?s condition with an appropriate remedy. For example a homeopathic extract of onions might heal the burning, watery nose and eyes found in some peoples’ hay fever. A homeopathic remedy made from coffee might be used for insomnia where there is excitement and the mind is over-active. It would probably not be appropriate for insomnia associated with lethargy and depression. The right remedy will cover all the symptoms mental, physical and emotional experienced by the client! It is not targeted at just the limited set of symptoms of a conventional “disease” as defined by allopathic medicine.
Amy Lansky, a PhD biologist and now a homeopath, recounts how her son was cured of autism using homeopathy in The Impossible Cure. And it is inspiring to read Judyth Reichenberg-Ullman?s book Ritalin-Free Kids where she gives more than 30 case histories of children cured of Hyperactivity (ADHD). Not only did their behavior and ability to concentrate improve, but their physical symptoms improved and they didn’t develop any of the headaches, insomnia, appetite loss and other side-effects of Ritalin and other psychotropic drugs. A study using homeopathy for depression and anxiety had significant positive results in about 50% of the participants in 30 weeks or less.
According to the Harvard Health Letter, “Americans spent more than $165 million on homeopathic [remedies] in 1994, and sales have climbed 25% a year since the late 1980s. In Europe it is regularly used by doctors in France, Germany, and Great Britain where it is covered by national health insurance. Indeed, the Queen of England has her own homeopathic physician.”
A 1991 analysis of 107 clinical studies of homeopathy in the British Medical Journal found 81 of them showed that homeopathic treatment was better than placebo. Of the 23 best conducted studies, 15 of them had positive results.
If you would like a more detailed description you may go here.read more
Sceptical? Trust your experience
You should be skeptical of homeopathy.
Everybody is, at least at first, including myself. Your can read the biased Wikipedia article controlled by the self-styled “Skeptics” whose criticisms mostly are the common ones:
- Homeopathic remedies are so diluted, even sometimes far beyond the point where any of the substance is left, that they cant work. They violate known rules of chemistry and physics.
- The scientific studies of homeopathy that they consider valid don’t show that it works and no other evidence is worth considering.
- The homeopathic “law of similars” has no evidence to support it.
- All the perceived benefits of homeopathy are due to placebo effect and/or spontaneous remissions.
These conclusions imply that all the millions of medically trained doctors and others who have practiced homeopathy over the last 200+ years are frauds and/or deluded like their many millions of patients.
The response to these criticisms is obvious, in brief:
- Chemistry and physics have not identified and certainly have not explained all the phenomena of the universe – just to name three: gravity, dark energy and the life force. What is the difference between a living being 2 seconds before death and 2 seconds after?
- There is plenty of evidence for homeopathy. The Skeptics always find some issue with any of the hundreds of studies showing homeopathy’s effectiveness, just as homeopaths find issues with the studies supposedly showing its ineffectiveness. Usually the latter studies are not actually following homeopathic protocol. There are also 200 years of carefully documented clinical case histories documenting cures, which Skeptics dismiss as merely anecdotes.
- The Skeptics are not looking for any evidence of the law of similars. Homeopaths see it operating routinely in their practice. Allopaths use the law of similars inadvertently in a crude way for some of their treatments which sometimes actually cure or temporarily palliate: radiation for cancer, Ritalin (an amphetamine) for hyperactivity in children, vaccines, etc.
- Homeopathy has documentation showing successful use for the entire range of illness (even in veterinary medicine) whereas placebo effect has mostly only shown temporary effectiveness in humans. Spontaneous remission is extremely rare for chronic conditions in allopathic (conventional) medicine. Why would it be so much more common for homeopathy?
So who do you trust?
You can trust your own experience! Your own natural skepticism for homeopathy will circumvent any possible placebo effect, which relies on confidence in the practitioner and treatment.
How to experience it?
- Get treatment, preferably for a condition for which you know your normal prognosis: perhaps sunburn, insect bites, poison oak or ivy, or a minor injury. With a little bit of study you can even treat yourself.
- Do a “proving” either alone or by joining one being conducted. Taking an unknown homeopathic remedy daily for a few days will cause temporary symptoms that you have never had before, something a placebo wont do. (Note: its best to have a homeopath take your case beforehand to verify your normal state of health and help you identify changes that occur during the proving. It can be hard to be objective about your own state of mental, physical and emotional health)
- If you have a chronic condition seek treatment from a well-recommended homeopath. Its safe and low cost when compared to years of conventional medicine’s drugs, tests and professional fees.
It can open your eyes to the amazing healing system of homeopathy!read more
Heal Yourself with Homeopathy
Wondering how can you heal yourself with homeopathy?
- I work with you (and your doctor) to help you take control of your healthcare – remove the aspects of your life that may be maintaining your illness or are obstacles to your healing process.
- On another level, homeopathic remedies are not like conventional drugs although they are regulated under the Homeopathic Pharmacopia of the US (HPUS) by the FDA. Their action is extremely short-lived and gentle. They stimulate your body’s innate ability to heal itself, without side effects.
- With a few tools (a book or two & a kit of homeopathic remedies) and some training you can safely take care of yourself and your family for simple acute (short term, self-limiting) problems like minor colds, burns, stings, injuries, etc. You will know when you need to seek others for care.
So you really can heal yourself with homeopathy.
Does the following quote fit with your experience of conventional medicine?
“I went into medicine with the idea that I was going to save all of these lives with all the tricks and tools that medical doctors learned. And what I found was that very few of my patients got well. I often did harm to them. This was quite disturbing to me as a young doctor. What was even more disturbing was to find out that this failure had been fairly well documented in the scientific literature – but it doesn’t fit anybody’s advertising campaign. Science says one thing and the public believes another because the public relations machine benefits the economics of the drug industry and the medical industry. …Mammography is a fraud. The January 8, 2000 issue of the Lancet carried an article stating that mammography is unjustifiable. Of the eight studies done, six of them show that mammography doesn’t work-and yet the American public believes it this is a time honored, definite way of saving their lives from breast cancer.” – John McDougall, MDread more
A Single Remedy Cures without Side Effects
What is Homeopathy? What can it do for me?
If you haven’t read the Overview page, you should read it now. It will prepare you for the following.
Homeopathy is a science of healing based on the law of nature that like cures like (also known as the law of similars). In other words, the constellation of mental, emotional & physical symptoms that a substance will cause in a healthy person it will cure in a sick person. This is the first major principle of homeopathy.
[Note that you can’t pick isolated individual symptoms or a small subset of symptoms that define an allopathic disease and assume that any particular remedy that is known to cure the symptom(s), will cure them in an individual. A remedy must be chosen to match the entire constellation of symptoms – mental, physical & emotional – that an individual expresses. Many remedies may be known to cure any particular symptom. The overlap of remedy symptom “pictures” makes picking a remedy frequently challenging.]
For example, you are probably familiar with coffee’s effects. Those who are still sensitive to it, first feel a lift. Emotionally they are more excitable, agitated and everything seems more important. Physically they become restless, their senses are more acute and their heart rate increases. Mentally they are more active with lots of rapid thoughts. This is the primary action of coffee. After it wears off they crash and are “lower” than before they took the coffee initially. They’re dull, depressed and their senses are dulled. Physically and mentally they are slow and lethargic, This is the secondary reaction of the body’s vital force pushing back in the “opposite” direction. Anything that affects one’s vital force has a primary action followed by the secondary reaction of the vital force pushing back in the opposite direction.
Suppose that someone is sick and diagnosed with insomnia. Insomnia, like all illnesses may appear in many different forms. Some people wake too early. Some have trouble getting to sleep. Some have depression with insomnia. Some are over-excited. But suppose that the homeopath recognizes that their overall symptom pattern is very similar to coffee’s effects, where along with the insomnia they are agitated, senses acute, mind and body racing, etc. Their vital force has been pushed off center and stuck there by the natural disease.
If they are given homeopathic coffee, it will give the vital force a slight push in the same or similar direction as the disease. If the homeopathic remedy is too strong there may even be a slight initial aggravation of the existing symptoms of the illness. This is not seen when placebo is given. After the primary force of the remedy wears off, then due to the secondary reaction, the vital force will push back in the “opposite” direction towards health. The body’s vital force is doing the healing, not some outside agent overpowering the vital force like the primary action of a drug (conventional medicine’s approach).
You can see the problem with allopathic drugs…read more